[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Question about compatibility and acquisitions

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Wed Feb 13 17:04:56 EST 2013

Hi Rose.

Yes, you can track budgets using Funds in acquisitions. The
documentation is available here -
http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.3/_managing_funds.html

Basically, you can set up funding sources, which I think of as the
different places from which you get your funds (municipal allocation,
trustees funds, etc.) You can then allocate money from those funding
sources to specific funds that line up with your budgets. Tags can also
be added to funds to help with reporting. For example, if you have a
fund for Children's DVDs, you can give it a tag for children and for
dvd. You can then create a report for spending on all funds that have
the children's tag, which will include the Children's DVDs fund as well
as children's fiction, children's non-fiction, etc. You can also
generate a report for spending on all funds that have the dvd tag, which
might also include, adult DVDs, documentaries, etc.

I hope this helps!
Kathy

Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator