[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Holds in Evergreen and order notifications

Martha Driscoll driscoll at noblenet.org
Fri Feb 15 14:55:07 EST 2013

Jill,
Because Evergreen lets you query the database using SQL, it's pretty
simple to create purchase alert lists.  We run a script daily that
creates a purchase alert list for each of our member libraries.  The
report is based on the ratio of number of holds to the number of copies
owned.  Each library can define their own ratio.

Here is one of the reports:

http://evergreen.noblenet.org/noble_stats/purchase_alerts.php?library=Danvers

The data for the report is gathered via SQL nightly then a PHP script
formats the report for the particular library. I'm not sure you need to
be a programmer to use SQL and PHP, but chances are if you are running
an Evergreen system you will have someone with those skills nearby.

I believe Evergreen's built in reports function could also be used to
create such a report, although I have not used it to do so.

Martha Driscoll
Systems Manager
North of Boston Library Exchange
Danvers, Massachusetts