[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] OPAC- serial holding summary display

Cerninakova Eva cernin at jabok.cz
Tue Feb 19 08:33:15 EST 2013

We came across  a problem of  serials holding display for a particular
serial in library  OPAC .
I  think the problem could have something to do with the fact that  in this
case the numbering  increments continuously (we newer had a problem
displaying serials holdings in OPAC when issuance numbering restarts at
unit completion).
 We received serial issues no. 42 and 43, but in the serial holding summary
no information about no. 43 is  displayed in OPAC (however call numbers are
displayed), see
http://www.jabok.cuni.cz/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/rdetail.xml?r=10801&d=0&hc=1&adv=10801&rt=tcn

When creating pattern code and  issuance I entered following data:

1) Pattern code wizard:
Page 1 - Use enumeration: filed checked
    Enumerating caption :
    First level: Vol.
    Second level: No., Number: 2, Increments continuously

Page 2 - Use calendar changes: filed checked.
    Used calendar change „At start of a month“ „January“

Page 3 - Use chronology caption: field unchecked

Page 4
    Compressibility and Expandability: Cannot compress or expand
    Caption Evaluation: Caption unverified, all levels may not be present
   Frequency: Semiannual

2) I created New Issuance with following: Date published:12/15/2011
     then I entered data to Issuance wizard (Vol :2011, no 41) and compiled
the holding code.

3) I generated prediction for vol. 2012 and 2013 (numbers 42 - 43/2012 and
44 - 45/2013).

I am quite new in holding data formats so I think I might have done
something wrong when generating pattern code or making  prediction (however
I cannot exclude possibility of existing bug).

Have you any idea?
Thanks a lot.

Eva

--
Mgr. Eva Cerniňáková
cernin at jabok.cz

Knihovna Jabok
http:/knihovna.jabok.cz
Tel.: +420 224 990 157

Jabok - Vyšší odborná škola sociálně pedagogická a teologická
Salmovská 8, 120 00 Praha 2