[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] egcon2013 conference communciations

Tara Robertson information.detective at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 15:28:09 EST 2013

42 days until the conference!!! We're nearly at capacity, so if you're
planning on coming and haven't registered yet, please do so:
http://eg2013.evergreen-ils.org/registration/

We're trying some new things at this year's conference to allow for people
to participate online and to document what happened at the conference so
that we can continue build on it next year.

Streaming video
For the first time ever, we'll be livestreaming the technical track of the
conference. The video will be embedded and linked to from the conference
website. We'll be doing our best to upload the session videos from the main
track at the end of each day. Thank you to Emerald Data for sponsoring AV
and streaming for Friday and Saturday.

Live note taking
We've enlisted some local student volunteers to do live note taking from
the conference, see:
http://accessconference.ca/access-2012-live/ This will help document what
happened at the conference and make report writing easier for everyone.
There will be ways for regular participants to help out with this too.

IRC help
The Evergreen community uses IRC quite a lot. Some people who haven't used
IRC seem to find it intimidating. We will have some way to identify
participants who are comfortable using IRC and willing to help new folks
get started. Our goal is to make the conference backchannel more accessible
to everyone and to get more people comfortable using IRC so that they'll be
more likely to be involved throughout the year.

Conference hashtag
The hashtag (for Twitter, Flickr, whatevr) is egcon2013. Probably best to
also tag stuff with egils too.

We're really looking forward to hosting you in Vancouver!

Tara