[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Proposal to change Evergreen versioning scheme

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net
Fri Jan 4 13:43:10 EST 2013

I can't speak for Galen but I inferred he was using it in the context of a
increasing sequence (rather than say decreasing which would make no sense
here) and monotonically means preserving the order for the members of a set
of values.  I.e., it keeps order for the increasing versioning numbers in a
logical ways by the set rules rather than being random or arbitrary.  There
are a few more points for the calculus crowd in there but I was an English
major so I don't know nuthing about that.  :)

--