[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Proposal to change Evergreen versioning scheme

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net
Fri Jan 4 15:21:08 EST 2013

I would disagree.  It's not this one:
http://www.open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=versioning

But, I would propose that we are following one based largely on the
developer's perception of what are major and minor features and impact for
users.  I've been there for a few of those discussions and those were the
concerns voiced when discussing version numbers.  Unintentional?  I can't
speak to that.  But, to me what is already being done, as abstract and ill
defined as it is (and I think that is part of what bothers some) - works.
 I'm fine with things as they are.  It works with the larger community's
goals (or at least mine) and a raw number means something to the front line
users.

--
Rogan Hamby

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit
me."
-- C.S. Lewis <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1069006.C_S_Lewis>