[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Proposal to change Evergreen versioning scheme

Cynthia Williamson crwbookgirl at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 10:59:25 EST 2013

Hi All - it has been pointed out to me off list that mentioning Horizon 8
to the Evergreen crowd is akin to flame baiting - just want to repeat here
what I said off list - that was not my intent, I was simply trying to say
that I think the versioning thing is probably a systems/developers woe and
not that big a deal to us non-techies.  Here's what I said in my reply to
the flame baiting accusation/suggestion:

"Believe me no offense intended, the library I worked for at the time used
Sirsi so we weren't directly affected but I was so outraged by that move, I
can't imagine how I would have felt if we'd been a Horizon library. It does
still seriously rankle for me so I can only imagine how those really
betrayed still feel.  My trust in vendors will never return to its former
level (not that it was ever that high).  The consortium we belonged to at
the time made the decision to stay with the newly merged Sirsi/Horizon -
that was one of the many things that prompted us to move to Evergreen.
I truly was just trying to provide a non-techie's perspective on the
discussion - I think this is a developer/systems woe."

Regards, Cynthia

Regards, Cynthia