[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Action Trigger using ApplyPatronPenalty

Martha Driscoll driscoll at noblenet.org
Mon Jan 28 10:00:45 EST 2013

We are trying to create an action trigger using the ApplyPatronPenalty
reactor.  The idea is to run an action trigger daily that will look for
copies that are 42 days overdue and set a penalty we created called
PATRON_EXCEEDS_LONG_OD.  We are using checkout.due as the hook.

Our libraries want to see an alert when a patron has material long
overdue, but we don't want to set these copies to bills yet because of
the financial implications.

We are getting an error when the trigger runs:

   ApplyPatronPenalty: missing parameters

The event environment consists of:

   Field Path        Label
   circ_lib          context_org
   usr               user

The event parameters consist of:

   Parameter Name     Parameter Value
   standing_penalty   PATRON_EXCEEDS_LONG_OD

The parameters that are missing are user and context_org.  The penalty
PATRON_EXCEEDS_LONG_OD is being passed to the reactor.

Has anyone had any success using the ApplyPatronPenalty reactor?

--
Martha Driscoll
Systems Manager