[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Billing Fixes and Enhancements Sponsored by MassLNC

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Fri Jul 12 08:44:52 EDT 2013

Hi Tina and Jason,

>>> 2. Support for Lost & Paid Status
>>> 3. Void Lost Fees for Claims Returned Items
>> To confirm whether the overdue fines will be restored and/or generated
>> based on the Claimed Returned date in accordance with the related LSE
>> settings.
> That question has not come up in any of the discussions to date. I had
> not really considered it.
>
> I see claims returned as a bit different than the typical case that
> would cause the lost fees to be voided, such as checking in the lost
> copy. There is also no way to enter a date for when the patron claims
> they returned the copy.
>
> Dare I say it? There could YAOUS to control the behavior with overdue
> fines and claims returned lost items.

I don't think an org unit setting is needed in this instance.

Currently, let's say a patron claims to have returned an item that is
overdue on their record. The claims returned date is two days after the
due date, so the system automatically adds two days of overdue fines to
the patron's bills.

However, let's look at the same situation when the overdue items has
already been switched over to lost. The fines stopped reason for the
item changes to CLAIMSRETURNED, but the patron's record still retains
the lost fee and no overdue fines are added, even if the claims returned
date is two days after the due date.

With this development, if the related library settings are enabled, the
lost fee should be removed from the patron record. If the claimed
returned date is after the due date, I think the appropriate overdue
fines should be automatically added to the patron record as they are
when an overdue item is in the same situation.

Does that meet with your expectations, Tina? Thanks for raising the
questions because, as Jason mentioned, we hadn't thought of that
particular situation in our previous discussions.

Kathy