[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Overdrive API

Sharon Herbert (Project Sitka) sherbert at sitka.bclibraries.ca
Mon Jul 15 17:29:14 EDT 2013

Hi Kathy,

Sitka is very interested in Overdrive integration as well. We've also
included MARC records from Overdrive, but would like to display title
availability and have seamless checkout from within the Evergreen pac.
When we last reviewed the API on the Overdrive developers' site about
a month ago, it didn't appear that any of the existing API  would
allow either of those functions. The existing API seemed more geared
to making Overdrive content available on library websites.

This article alludes to a content.api that is still pending from
Overdrive, which would seem to get us closer to what we want:
http://www.thedigitalshift.com/2013/04/ebooks/overdrives-upcoming-apis-to-allow-ebook-checkouts-from-opac/

Steven Chan did some detailed analysis on the Overdrive API (we got
sidetracked by the 2.4 upgrade, so haven't revisited Overdrive yet),
so I will look that up and aim to share it out with everyone.

Thanks,
Sharon

Quoting open-ils-general-request at list.georgialibraries.org:

--