[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Setting Reading Level in the Vandelay process

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Wed Jul 17 12:51:26 EDT 2013

Hi Christine,

How are you identifying reading levels in your system? Typically, this
information would be included in the MARC record, not in the copy
information, so you would just need to make sure that the relevant MARC
field is included in the records you are importing. I believe it's the
521 field, but I'm not a cataloger so I might be a little off on that.

However, I was thinking that your library might be using reading level
as a copy statistical category? If so, I don't believe there is any way
you can set the stat cat in the Vandelay holding import profiles. It
would be a nice feature, though.

Kathy

Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator