[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Searching for items from multiple branches on an invoice

Mary Llewellyn mllewell at biblio.org
Fri Jul 19 12:53:42 EDT 2013

Hi all, especially you acq libraries.

I'm getting ready to train in the acquisitions module at one of our member
libraries that has 2 branches in its system, and I've run into something
unexpected. I'd like to get an understanding of what's happening, if not an
outright fix, before I train their staff.

Scenario: I log in as Branch 1.

I'm able to create a PO with items from Branch 1 and Branch 2 and activate
the order. When I go to Acquisitions/Create Invoice and set up the invoice
and I try using the search tab on the invoice to get a list of items to add
to the invoice, (searching by provider), if I have the box checked to filter
by invoiceable items, I don't get results when the lineitem includes copies
from both branches. If I uncheck that box, then the lines with both branches
will appear and I can add them to the invoice.

I know I can create an invoice from a PO, but the object here is to be able
to invoice without necessarily knowing the PO, for items that may be coming
from several POs.

Clearly, the system is seeing the lines from Branch 2 as "uninvoiceable,"
but I don't know why.

I've tried setting up the invoice receiver as system level or as Branch 1. I
get the same results either way.

The provider is owned by the system.

The fund account is owned by the system.

Our invoice permissions, indeed, most of our acq permissions are set to
system level.

Either I've missed a setting somewhere, or there's a glitch in the software.

We are using Evergreen 2.4-ish, but it's also happening in our test database
with 2.5.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks,

Mary