[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] inventory feature list

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Tue Jul 23 13:58:04 EDT 2013

One thing you should do for an inventory is provide a field for an
inventory date. This is the basis the module uses to process exceptions
and to set items as missing. Which means you need the ability to inventory
sections of your collection without setting uninventoried sections as
missing. You also need the ability to set the inventory date on exceptions
once they are resolved.

Consider:

A  provision to automatically set items not found in the inventory to
missing, providing a way to report on those for staff follow up.

Ability to automatically forgive or void fines for materials located on
the shelf during inventory and resolve their statuses. And of course
report on that.

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES Bibliographic Projects & Metadata Manager Georgia Public Library
Service
1800 Century Place, Ste 150
Atlanta, Ga. 30345-4304

404.235-7128