[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] OPAC Subfield suppression

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Wed Jul 24 13:38:28 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 01:31:13PM -0400, Donald Butterworth wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> We just downloaded a title in Chinese and the subfield $6 is displaying as
> text in the 245 field. Plus the linking 880 tags are not displaying at all.
> I don't suppose there's a check-box somewhere that will let me just hide a
> subfield, or display an invisible field, eh?  Does one have to dive into
> the depths of Evergreen code to fix this kind of thing?

We're missing important information here. First and foremost, what
version of Evergreen are you running? 880 support was added in the 2.4
release - http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.4/_new_features.html#_opac -
so if you're running a version prior to that, you would have to backport
it...  which would be a bit painful.

If you are running 2.4, then it would be useful to see the sample MARC
record so that we can test it out on a clean install.