[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Enabling SMP for ejabberd servers

Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu
Fri Jul 26 09:17:43 EDT 2013

On 2013-07-24, at 14:39 , brent at hoodriverlibrary.org wrote:

> SAGE is looking to tune up its Evergreen system. Looking around I saw that enabling SMP for our ejabberd XMPP servers might be an option. I was curious if any other Evergreen libraries have used this setting or had any opinions on how well it works or does not?

Hello, Brent.

Yes, I would say you want this setting to be at least "auto" on just about any modern hardware. I am not sure exactly how effective it is with VMs or whether that makes any difference and we don't have any performance benchmarks.

Thomas Berezansky blogged about this a while back: http://blog.mvlcstaff.org/2012/05/smp-what-is-it-and-why-do-you-care.html.

Aleksey Lazar
IS Developer and Integrator - PALS
http://www.mnpals.org/