[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] tpac searching and apostrophes

Gordana Vitez gvitez at niagaracollege.ca
Mon Jun 24 15:53:06 EDT 2013

Thanks, Yamil.

Yes, we are running 2.4. I really do have to remember to check
launchpad.

Thanks!
Gordana

>>> On 6/24/2013 at 3:33 PM, in message
<A1674034-A6B6-4506-B6E6-CC91552EBD69 at berklee.edu>, Yamil Suarez
<ysuarez at berklee.edu> wrote:
Gordana,

If you are running EG 2.4, then it could possibly be this bug…

https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1187433 - apostrophe search
issues in 2.4

Though if you are running a different version, then it could be
something else.

Yamil

On Jun 24, 2013, at 3:14 PM, "Gordana Vitez" <gvitez at niagaracollege.ca>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a question about searching the tpac. We have a book that's in
high demand right now called: ultimate job hunter's guidebook.

http://niagaracollege.niagaraevergreen.ca/eg/opac/record/281357?fi%3Aitem_type=;query=ultimate%20job%20hunter%27s%20guidebook;qtype=keyword;locg=2;sort=

> Students do not search for the title using the apostrophe. When they
drop it, the search does not return any results.

http://niagaracollege.niagaraevergreen.ca/eg/opac/results?fi%3Aitem_type=&query=ultimate+job+hunters+guidebook&qtype=keyword&locg=2