[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Heads-up: PostgreSQL security release coming on April 4, 2013

Joshua D. Drake jd at commandprompt.com
Fri Mar 29 19:36:14 EDT 2013

On 03/29/2013 04:13 PM, Dan Scott wrote:

> Please be prepared to update to the security release. While a typical
> Evergreen configuration does not expose PostgreSQL to public access, the
> nature of this announcement is unusual for PostgreSQL and suggests that
> the vulnerability may be particularly concerning.

Hello,

It is rare for PostgreSQL to approach a security release like this. I am
part of the packaging team for the project and there was a lot of
consideration that went into this release. Many people decide to forgo
security releases. I strongly suggest that you do not do so this time.

When this release comes out, update your version and if you are running
below 8.4 then you should immediately upgrade. This release will not
require a dump and reload within the same major version.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake