[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Deleting patrons(Obliterate) on 2.3.5 not working

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Thu May 2 00:15:13 EDT 2013

Hi Geoff,

Hmm, so obliterating old staff accounts?  On one of my systems, when I
try to delete a staff account, it initiates a popup saying:

"The user you're attempting to delete has STAFF_LOGIN priviledges.
Please enter the barcode for a destination user to receive the deleted
user's miscellaneous staff artifacts (reports, etc.):"

And then if I input the user I want to meld all the staff data for, it
begins trying to delete the patron, presumably.  And then after awhile,
it came up with a Javascript warning about a script running too long,
which I clicked okay for, and then it popped up with a similar
network/server failure as the one you saw.  The staff account was not
deleted; overall elapsed time was around 1 minute.  My guess is there's
some sort of timeout affecting things and the database is rolling things
back instead of carrying through the purge process and shifting of data
pieces.

My system is running master as of 3/25/13, but if you're seeing it in
your 2.3.5, then it might be broken in other branches too.  I'd like to
suggest reporting this as a bug to the Evergreen bug tracker:
https://launchpad.net/evergreen

Perhaps others can test this behavior as well and see if they get
similar failures to confirm this to be a bug.

-- Ben

PS: Side note, the warning message has a misspelling for "priviledges"
which should be "privileges".  Bite-size fix to the string later I guess.

--
Benjamin Shum
Open Source Software Coordinator