[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Barcode Scanning Problems

Scott Thomas scott at albright.org
Fri May 3 11:56:58 EDT 2013

We are at 2.1 and are experiencing some issues with barcode scanning. Sometimes characters are dropped usually at the beginning or end of a barcode. This has been reported at several of the libraries in our consortia. They all use different barcode scanners of various vintage. In my own testing, I could detect no pattern to the scan problem. I did verify that, during testing, the scanner works perfectly when scanning barcodes into another application like MS word which rules out a problem with the scanner. Is this a problem that is isolated to our installation? Is it a known issue with 2.1? Any insights would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Scott  Thomas
Board of Directors
PaILS
(570) 207-2379