[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Batch Importing Baker & Taylor records

Mary Llewellyn mllewell at biblio.org
Mon Nov 11 17:47:15 EST 2013

Hi Rose,

We set up our match set for loading order records to match on tag 020 or
024, or (028 a and 028 b) or 035, or tag 001. That last one was set up as a
record attribute since 001 doesn't have a subfield like the other tags.
Baker & Taylor uses tag 001 for their control numbers (BK#####), so it's a
good way to keep from adding duplicate B&T records.

When the libraries load their records, they select "Match only merge" so
they don't accidentally match and replace a fuller record with the vendor
record. They check the boxes "Import Non-Matchng Records" and "Merge on Best
Match."

Mary

Mary Llewellyn

Database Manager