[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Circulation History Tracking

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Tue Oct 1 14:41:54 EDT 2013

Hi Deanna,

> If a patron goes into their online account, under "account
> preferences," there is a tab "search preferences" where they can
> select (or deselect) "Keep history of checked out items?"

Just a note that in later versions of Evergreen, the tab was renamed
"search & history preferences." I can't remember when that change was
introduced, so I don't know what you'll see in 2.3.

> I have turned on the "tag circulated items in results" flag in the
> library settings editor, but still am unable to find where patrons
> turn on the tracking!

I also wanted to send along a caution that this setting, although
utilizing the circulation history, does something that you may not have
intended. Once a patron opts into tracking their circulation history,
this setting will highlight items on the search results page that were
previously circulated to the patron. I've never tested it myself and
don't know much more about the feature, but I thought you should know in
case it's not something you wanted to do.

Kathy

Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator
klussier at masslnc.org