[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Attack of the Zombie Lineitems

Mary Llewellyn mllewell at biblio.org
Tue Oct 1 16:54:16 EDT 2013

Hi all,

Kind of weird situation here. Library staffer loads an order file to a
selection list and a purchase order (ID 13268). She can't figure out how to
activate the PO (training issue; her supervisor was out on vacation). She
then loads the file again to the same selection list and generates a new PO
(ID 13270). Still can't work out how to activate the purchase order (she'd
forgotten a step about applying funds). So she decides to skip the whole
thing and MANUALLY create items. Which are not attached to either PO, by the
way.

Her supervisor returns and activates PO 13268, not realizing what she'd done
with creating items, so he now has the acq items and the manually created
items attached to the bib record and on display in the OPAC. But that's not
the problem I'm writing about.

PO 13270 is still sitting there. For reasons of neatness, the librarian and
I want to remove its lineitems and take them out of harm's way (we don't
want to risk someone adding a third item to all the titles involved, and we
don't want to activate the PO without items because it will throw off the
tracking of spending.) But when I try deleting the lineitems from the PO,
they return like zombies if I reload that screen. So I tried going to the
selection list side, and mark all the lineitems pointed to PO 13270 to be
deleted. Same result. They look like they're deleted, but the count of
lineitems doesn't go down, and a reload of that screen brings them all back.
Because the selection list is also pointing to PO 13268, I don't think I can
just delete the entire selection list. (Or, can I?)

Does anyone have any advice or clues in dispatching the zombie lineitems
before they eat my brain?

Mary

Mary Llewellyn

Database Manager