[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] It's Newsletter Time!

berek tds.net berek at tds.net
Wed Oct 9 11:44:14 EDT 2013

Hi Amy,
News from Maine.
Regards,
John Clark-Hartland Public Library

Maine Balsam Libraries Update.

    Maine's first Evergreen consortium continues to grow. Started several
years ago with grant funding from the Stephen and Tabitha King Foundation,
the consortium originally offered membership to public and school libraries
in Penobscot, Piscataquis and Somerset Counties. Nine libraries joined:
Hartland Public Library, Newport Cultural Center and Library, Stewart Free
Library, Thompson Free Library, Shaw Library, Simpson Library, Penquis
Schools, Foxcroft Academy and Abbott Memorial Library. That number has
expanded to include College of the Atlantic, Bangor School System, Guilford
Schools, Wilton Free Library, Farmington Public Library, Jonesport Schools,
the Henry D. Moore Library and Central Maine Medical Center. Additional
grant funds have been obtained to assist more Maine libraries to join the
consortium.