[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Importing bibs and holdings from TitleSource3 (Baker & Taylor)

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Thu Oct 17 09:22:50 EDT 2013

Hi Michele,

> If I recall correctly (not near EG at the moment), owning lib is
> subfield b for that holdings format, but so is circ lib, so the
> holding tag will need two subfield b's.  What I don't remember is
> whether they can be short names or if they need to be database id's.

I can confirm that we use the branch short name in subfield b. As Jason
mentioned, the 852 export format specifies that the owning library
should be in the first subfield b and the circulation library should be
in the 2nd subfield b. In our case, our records always use the same
branch for the owning and circulation library. Therefore, we would just
enter "b" for both the circulation library and owing library fields of
our local import profiles in Evergreen. With that adjustment, our vendor
records can  include the branch short name in just one subfield b.

Kathy

Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator
klussier at masslnc.org