[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Wordpress transition update

Ben Shum ben at evergreener.net
Mon Sep 9 01:52:19 EDT 2013

Hi all,

Just an update on the main Evergreen website.  The transition to Wordpress
has begun!  We have already established the initial transition and the main
site is now running with the Wordpress front and center.  See:
http://evergreen-ils.org

Some key areas are still under review and will be changed as quickly as
possible:

1)  The IRC logs are in the process of being ported from the old log
structure to the new log website.  You can quickly view an example of
today's newest logs here:  http://irc.evergreen-ils.org/evergreen/today

2)  The Downloads page for Evergreen and OpenSRF were copied without
changes and need to be revamped to fit better within the new Wordpress
environment.

3)  The Wiki pages are still accessible as part of the wiki site (
http://wiki.evergreen-ils.org) but we need to construct a new page header
and footer for navigation purposes.  In the meantime, please make liberal
use of back buttons to get back and forth as we smooth things out.

I'll continue working closely with other web team members in the coming
weeks as we continue the transition process.  Also, we are eager to begin
including new volunteers who will be contributing to page editing and other
content creation.

Thanks to everyone for their patience and understanding in this exciting
time of transition for the Evergreen website.

More to follow!

-- Ben Shum