[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen 2014 Conference Call for Proposals (REMINDER)

Amy Terlaga terlaga at biblio.org
Mon Sep 30 14:24:24 EDT 2013

REMINDER TO ALL / SEEKING PROGRAM PROPOSALS

Only 1 month left!

-------------------------

The Evergreen 2014 Conference Program Committee is still accepting proposals
to present at the conference!

The theme of this year's conference is "Together We Grow." The conference
will be held in Cambridge, Massachusetts from March 19-22, 2014.

There are three programming tracks, and we hope to have a broad spectrum of
programming within these tracks.

* End user: best practices and techniques for using Evergreen in day-to-day
library operations.
* General: programs on administration, training, making the decision to move
to Evergreen, participating in the Evergreen community, and other topics
related to using Evergreen and open source software in consortial and
standalone environments.
* Technical: Topics related to system administration, software development,
implementation, hardware, and integration with other software.

We are also seeking proposals for longer, two-to-three-hour tutorials to
provide in-depth instruction in an area of interest. We would like this
year's conference to include one tutorial on a technical topic and another
one targeted for end users.

This year, the Program Committee is trying something new for the selection
process. All submitted proposals will be posted for the community to review.
After the submission deadline, we will then give prospective attendees the
opportunity to let us know which sessions they would be likely to attend.
This community feedback will be one factor in the Program Committee's
selection process. The committee will also weigh other criteria in the
selection process, including accommodating the needs of the various
audiences attending the conference.

The deadline for submissions is October 31, 2013.

Full guidelines and instructions are available on the Evergreen web site at
http://evergreen-ils.org/conference/eg14/proposals/.
<http://evergreen-ils.org/conference/eg14/proposals/>

We look forward to the submissions!
Kathy Lussier

Posted on behalf of the Evergreen 2014 Conference Program Committee:

Anoop Atre, Equinox
Shauna Borger, Evergreen Indiana
Grace Dunbar, Equinox
Kathy Lussier, MassLNC (chair)
Chris Sharp, Georgia Public Library Service
Ben Shum, Bibliomation
Tim Spindler, C/W MARS
Yamil Suarez, Berklee College of Music
Elizabeth Thomsen, NOBLE