[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] browser staff feedback request / integration

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Fri Apr 4 10:49:11 EDT 2014

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 10:39 AM, Rogan Hamby <rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net> wrote:
> At the Hack-A-Way we discussed the piecemeal method of integrating the new
> staff client into the XUL app as a way of easing people into it.  I've
> always been OK with that approach but I don't prefer it.  I think we would
> waste precious resources trying to frankenstein them.

I agree with this.  The staff client quickly became a frankenstein,
and not without some dissonance and pain.  If we were to simply link
to the newer interfaces within the portal page, and not try to
otherwise integrate it, that would be okay.  If were to disable the
"spawn foreign links in an external browser" functionality, then we'd
essentially be using HTTP, etc. on what amounts to an older version of
Firefox within a browser element.

--
Jason Etheridge