[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] View Holds Screen

Borthwick, Fiona fiona.borthwick at ptfs-europe.com
Wed Apr 9 10:25:49 EDT 2014

Hi,

I really hope someone in the community can help with a problem that one of
our customers has.  There are 2 specific issues with the View Holds screen.

The consortium in question operate as 4 separate authorities when it comes
to holds so there is no interlending between the different systems.  The
Hold Policies are set up to retrospectively block holds from a different
system.  As a result no hold weighting policies or equivalent have been
configured.

The Patron Opt-In Boundary and Patron Opt-In Default settings have a value
of 1 (system) and I can confirm that this behaves as we would expect in a
patron search - i.e. a search will only find patrons that have a home
library within your org unit tree.

Our customer's test server is at 2.5.3 where these scenarios persist:

1)  There can be a large number of holds on a popular bestseller.  When you
go to the View Holds screen, you see the list of all holds for the entire
consortium.

There is a filter option which allows you to filter on either pickup
library or requesting library but this is a specific branch.  Our customer
needs to be able to see the holds queue for their whole system at once.  It
is not necessary to see the holds for the other systems in the consortium.

2)  This is a more serious problem.  Due to the above scenario - i.e. the
ability to see all consortium holds, it has become apparent that you can
access a patron record from another system.  From the View Holds Screen,
highlight a hold and then select 'Retrieve Patron' from the Actions menu.
 You are taken straight into the patron record even if this patron belongs
to another system (different org unit hierarchy).

Can anyone shed any light on how to control this please?  This customer
only wants to be able to see their own local authority's holds and more
importantly be prevented from being able to access a patron record that
doesn't belong to them.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Fiona

--

Fiona Borthwick
Customer Services Consultant, PTFS Europe Limited

+44 (0) 800 756 6803 (phone)
+44 (0) 7540 768230  (mobile)
+44 (0) 131 2088578  (direct dial)
+44 (0) 800 756 6384 (fax)fiona.borthwick at ptfs-europe.com