[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] prevent holds on available items

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Wed Apr 9 15:24:48 EDT 2014

Hi Adam,

Sure, you can prevent holds in a number of ways in Evergreen. If you're
preventing holds for just a few items, you could set the copy's holdable
flag to false  or you could put them in a copy location that doesn't
allow holds. You could also configure specific holds policies via Admin
 > Local Admin > Hold Policies to control which library's items can fill
holds for which library's patrons.

You might want to take a look at the holds chapter in the Evergreen in
Action book. It was written for 2.3, but most of the information should
be relevant. It looks like this chapter didn't make it into the official
docs.

http://en.flossmanuals.net/evergreen-in-action/defining-how-materials-are-requested-and-requests-are-fulfilled-hold-policies/

Kathy

Kathy Lussier