[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] [OPEN-ILS-DEV] browser client update for 2014-04-11

Bill Erickson berick at esilibrary.com
Mon Apr 14 11:58:34 EDT 2014

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 11:49 AM, McCanna, Terran <
tmccanna at georgialibraries.org> wrote:

> I agree with Rogan, the previous one was more attractive but this is more
> functional. I think the paging controls, the sorting, and the
> selecting/unselecting are all very intuitive.
>
> The only thing I see so far that will throw off users is that when I
> highlight a bit of text in preparation for copying it, the UI highlights
> the entire row and marks it selected - when I ctrl-c, it does copy just the
> text I highlighted, but the visual cues are confusing.

Hmm, yeah, we may have to detect double-click and avoid row selection in
that case.

> Should we be able to log in via mobile devices? Or is the certificate
> issue preventing this at the moment?

Mobile login should work.  I can't vouch for every device, but I am able to
log in with my Nexus.

Fair warning on the grids...  To build these with the level of flexibility
required (arbitrary column counts and column resizing being the big ones),
we had to step outside of the Bootstrap mobile-friendly CSS and use
something called flexbox (which is native to modern browsers) instead.
 This means the grids today are not very mobile friendly.  However, flexbox
is div-based and very *cough* flexible, so we have the option of applying
mobile CSS specifically to the grid.

-b

--
Bill Erickson