[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Items not checking in?

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Mon Apr 14 16:19:23 EDT 2014

> It may be time to rethink this behavior from the ground-up, or at the
> very least, better document it (I had forgotten all about that library
> setting, despite having wrote it, and I bet a lot of folk would love
> to have it enabled).

For those wanting to experiment, try enabling both the "Suppress
popup-dialogs during check-in" library setting and the "Fast Entry"
checkbox.  You should be able to scan (and miss scan) items very
quickly.  But you do have to watch/listen for errors, and your
environment (server, workstation, networking) will still determine how
quickly each scanned row actually resolves into useful information.

--
Jason Etheridge