[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] [OPEN-ILS-DEV] Web Client (Sprint 1) demo - initial testing results

McCanna, Terran tmccanna at georgialibraries.org
Mon Aug 25 18:32:11 EDT 2014

Hello Grace and all,

I have begun testing the work on Sprint 1 and here are my notes so far:

MAIN SCREEN OF INTERFACE:
- Register Patron(s) link missing
- Pull List for Hold Requests link missing
- Catalog Search field missing
- Item Status link missing
- Is the large Equinox banner across the bottom of the screen present because it's being hosted on an Equinox server, or is this something you have added to the default interface? I notice it is not on the original test site.

MENUS:
- Search Catalog link missing from Search dropdown menu

PATRON FUNCTIONS:
- When creating a new message on an account there is an empty dropdown box on the right side of the pop-up window - what is that for? I don't seem to be able to do anything with it.
- the Message pop-up window is missing the field to record staff initials that is in the current staff client

ITEMS OUT SCREEN - COLUMN PICKER:
- I didn't go through every option, but there were obvious differences between the current staff client and the web client and definitely some columns missing that are in the current staff client.
- Show All Columns and Hide All Columns don't appear to do anything
- Can the column list be alphabetized like it is in the current staff client? It's very difficult to find the column you are looking for.
- There is an optional column for "Due Date/Time" - what is that for? (It does not display the date and time from the normal "Due Date" column.)
- Missing 'Checkout Workstation' column option
- 'Check Out Date/Time' column is empty when turned on
- 'Check Out Date/Time' should be 'Checkout Date/Time' to be consistent with other terminology
- 'Check In Date/Time' should be 'Checkin Date/Time' to be consistent with other terminology
- There is also a 'Checkin Scan Date/Time' - is that different from 'Checkin Date/time' ?
- Circulation Workstation is missing as a column option

RENEW ITEM WITH SELECTED DUE DATE:
- date is off (example: select November 5, 2014 as the new date and it records it as November 4, 2014)
- does it matter what format the date is entered in? is there going to be a calendar picker next to date fields like this?

SCAN ITEM AS MISSING PIECES:
- it displays a field called Patron Barcode rather than Item Barcode

Terran McCanna
PINES Program Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Suite 150