[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Changing creator on records?

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Mon Dec 8 14:45:55 EST 2014

Hi Jennifer,

I do believe this is something that is accomplished on the server
side, via direct database changes.  To my knowledge, it is not
possible to change the creator of a bib record via the staff client.

Some SQL jargon that might apply for the technical side:

-- what is the ID for the admin user?  change the WHERE to fit the
cataloger user too, you'll need that later
SELECT id FROM actor.usr WHERE usrname = 'admin';

-- list of all the bib records created by user 1 (usually the admin
user, change the ID to fit as needed)
SELECT id FROM biblio.record_entry WHERE creator = 1;

-- change the creator, where X is the original creator and Y is the
new one you want
UPDATE biblio.record_entry SET creator = Y WHERE creator = X;

That all said, I'd be curious to know what error messages you're
encountering due to the admin user being used to import the bibs.  On
our system, we have bibs imported by the admin user and all sorts of
users and we do not encounter problems usually.  I think there must be
some other reason you are seeing issues, so I would troubleshoot
further before you start making changes to your database's bib
records.

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum