[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Acq - Copy location UI scoped to registered workstation

Blake Henderson blake at mobiusconsortium.org
Thu Dec 11 11:19:56 EST 2014

Hello all,

I apologize for the duplicate email, I sent this to the dev list and it was suggested that I send it to the general list:

  I couldn't find a bug on this. We are using acq for the first time and I
don't want to jump to any conclusions. When creating a PO and assigning
the copies to their branches and copy locations, we noticed that the UI
only shows the copy locations for the branch that you happen to be
registered to. We have a scenario where a single branch is doing all of
the PO's for all of the sibling branches. Are we doing something wrong?
During some experimenting, I found that if you register the user to the
system level instead of the branch level, it will show all of the copy
locations for each branch. That, of course, is not a good idea for other
reasons. We ruled permissions out by assigning the EVERYTHING^consortium to the user.

It seems like if the software allows the copies to be assigned to
different branches, it should also allow copies to get assigned to the
respective shelving location in that branch.

--
-Blake-
Conducting Magic