[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Using Syndetics DVD covers in TPAC (EG 2.4)

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Fri Feb 7 10:34:35 EST 2014

I mentioned it as a heads up for people and not an Evergreen issue. I had
two instances this week where re-use of the UPC has caused mismatches
Syndetics had to correct. We are also seeing instances where the UPC on a
book causes incorrect artwork. (Best mismatch ever, by the way: Gone with
the wind with the cover art for Desire unchained) But, if we have more
cover art for visual materials and sound recordings, it will be better for
patrons and staff.

Some solution to the memecache problem would be good. We don't see often
where the corrected artwork isn't refreshed but it does happen. Usually,
we've been able to wait a few hours to 24 hours for the  cache to clear
and the artwork corrected.

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES & Collaborative Projects Manager