[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen 2.6 Alpha - Summary and Awards [RM2.6]

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Tue Feb 11 20:19:22 EST 2014

Hello all,

The 2.6 alpha is several weeks old, and we are already in the thick of the beta process.  But, as a friend of mine once said, "better late than sorry", so here is a quick summary of what we accomplished during the 2.6 alpha period, and also some much deserved recognition for those who made it happen.

First, here is a list of everything which made it into the alpha:

https://launchpad.net/evergreen/+milestone/2.6.0-alpha1

It amounted to 27 branches committed, and considering only 49 total branches were ready for review, cutting the number by more than half is certainly a respectable result.

At this point, I usually make some sort of blanket statement like "thanks to everyone who helped", but it was suggested at the Hack-a-way that some might be inspired by a more direct form of encouragement.  So, without further ado, I am proud to present the first ever round of Evergreen Medals of Honour.

First up, we have the HANCOCK Medal of Fortitude (for reviewing and signing off on another community member's code).  This award for the 2.6 alpha goes to (in alphabetical order by first name):

Ben Shum
Bill Erickson
Dan Scott
Jeff Godin
Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley
Mike Rylander
Remington Steed
Srey Seng

And, these awards aren't just empty words, they also include a graphical representation of your achievement, suitable for general boasting on social media, desktop wallpaper, etc.  http://www.calvin.edu/library/images/Hancock_Medal_2_6_Alpha.png

Second, we have the BARTON Medal of Steadfastness (for contributing in general to the code review process).  This medal is awarded to:

Ben Shum
Bill Erickson
Dan Scott
Elizabeth Thomsen
Elliot Voris
Erica Rohlfs
Galen Charlton
Jason Boyer
Jason Etheridge
Jason Stephenson
Jeff Godin
Joe Atzberger
Kathy Lussier
Kyle Tomita
Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley
Michael Peters
Mieke Stroo
Mike Rylander
Pasi Kallinen
Sarah Childs
Srey Seng
Steve Callender
Tim Spindler
Yamil Suarez

Some of you might not even recall contributing, since the bugs were rather old, but I am happy that at last your contribution is being recognized.  I am sorry it took so long, and here is your award!  http://www.calvin.edu/library/images/Barton_Medal_2_6_Alpha.png

And finally, we honour those who went the extra mile and earned the ARMSTRONG Medal of Courage (for installing and testing a release tarball, and reporting back):

NOBODY

Yeah, maybe next time this can be yours.  http://www.calvin.edu/library/images/Armstrong_Medal_2_6_Alpha.png

So, thanks again to all of our award recipients.  I am very sorry if I legitimately left anybody out, but if you are only feeling left out, there is still ample time to contribute and earn the beta medals, though all should be aware that selection criteria is subject to change without notice!

Sincerely,
Dan

Daniel Wells
Library Programmer/Analyst