[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Beta Review, Beta Blockers [RM2.6]

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Mon Feb 17 11:07:33 EST 2014

Hello all,

As most should be aware, the beta review period is scheduled to run through end of day tomorrow.  I've gone through the list of targeted bugs and marked 6 (so far) which I consider to be blockers for getting the beta released:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bugs?field.tag=2.6-beta-blocker

These are not necessarily the most important bugs, but since beta represents the last chance to get features in, I think it is worth blocking for features which we don't want to wait another 6 months for.  If there are other features which you think deserve beta-blocker status, please let me know!

(Note: we agreed at the dev meeting to make sure the 2.6 release includes proper support for PG9.3, but I consider those bugs to be release-blockers rather than beta-blockers, just to be clear.)

Of course, any other bug fixes which made the targeting deadline are encouraged for review and inclusion in the beta.  You can see those here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bugs?field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&assignee_option=any&field.milestone%3Alist=63762&field.tag=pullrequest&field.tags_combinator=ANY&search=Search&orderby=-importance&start=0

If we can together manage reviewing another 10+ from this list before beta, I think we could feel pretty good about where we stand.

Thanks,
Dan

Daniel Wells
Library Programmer/Analyst