[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] holds placed prior to status change

Deana Cunningham deana.cunningham at granvillecounty.org
Fri Feb 28 11:09:49 EST 2014

Leslie -

Unfortunately, if the holds aren't triggered automatically at check in staff has no idea they need to go check and retarget holds for those items. I do assume the cron job to look for holds would find an item with a recently changed status, but I don't know as our's isn't working at the moment. If the hold was placed prior to the item being marked "missing" (we usually notice something is missing particularly because it shows up on a hold pull list) we already have a PR issue. Making the status "holdable" but keeping it from being "OPAC visible" allows the hold to be triggered if the item is checked in but patrons can't see the item to place a hold on it. I just double checked, and even the record is suppressed in the OPAC if I have the box under "OPAC visible" unchecked in the copy status editor.

I would be very interested in knowing about the third parallel process you added to your holds targeter. Are you with the system that runs the cron job to check for holds every 15 minutes for new items and daily for older items? I guess what I'm asking is, what are the three processes? We just have a single cron job set to check for holds every hour (which isn't even working correctly, at the moment).

Thanks again - and Happy Friday!

Deana

Deana Cunningham
Branch Manager, South Branch Library