[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Confusion about Circulation Modifiers

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net
Thu Jan 16 10:42:45 EST 2014

Short answer : No you don't need different circ mods and there are a few
tables that affect this.

Longer answer: There are separate places to set things like circ durations,
fine rates and max fines.  You then set circulation matchpoints that in
your case would invoke different durations depending on what library
someone is checking out at.  Just make sure that in your matrix weights the
location is given a lot of weight so it's rules are always invoked.

It may sound complicated at first but it actually is pretty simple in
principle.  In practice you can make it very simple or very complicated of
course.

--

Rogan Hamby, MLS, CCNP, MIA
Managers Headquarters Library and Reference Services,

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop
reading them."
-- Ray Bradbury <https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1630.Ray_Bradbury>

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit
me."
-- C.S. Lewis <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1069006.C_S_Lewis>