[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen 2.6-alpha1 Available for Testing [RM2.6]

Jeff Godin jgodin at tadl.org
Wed Jan 22 22:53:57 EST 2014

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 9:54 PM, Dan Scott <dan at coffeecode.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 5:42 PM, Dan Wells <dbw2 at calvin.edu> wrote:
>
>>  Hello all,
>>
>> The first packaged release of Evergreen 2.6, alpha1, is now available for
>> download and testing.

Hooray! Thanks, Dan! I've grabbed Evergreen-ILS-2.6-alpha1.tar.gz and am
about to give it a spin.

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 9:54 PM, Dan Scott <dan at coffeecode.net> wrote:

> I was going to pull together the release notes to help people know about
> new features in 2.6 so far, but it looks like the only release notes entry
> at this point is for the library information TPAC pages (
> http://goo.gl/eKIBhn) :/

There's at least one other release notes entry (authored by Remington
Steed), located at
docs/RELEASE_NOTES_NEXT/Circulation/lost_min_max_item_pricing.txt (
http://goo.gl/EXdi8d ). I know because I snuck it in before Dan cut the
release earlier today. :-)

I did a quick perusal of the output of "git log rel_2_5..master", and saw
many bug fixes mixed with some new features that could benefit from release
notes. Heck, I might even argue that some of the bug fixes could use
release notes. Baby steps, perhaps.

I also saw a large number of documentation additions and updates, which is
really encouraging. Looks like credit here goes to Remington Steed,
Angela Kilsdonk, Dan Scott (hi, Dan!), and Elliot Voris. Thanks, everybody!

I have found the release notes increasingly useful, and I think it's worth
putting effort into creating them. Thanks for raising the issue / pointed
reminder.

For my part, I've yanked my own pullrequest tag on one new feature, and
will craft a release notes entry before restoring the tag.

-jeff