[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Auto-Renewal Functionality

Ruth Frasur director at hagerstownlibrary.org
Sun Jan 26 08:18:48 EST 2014

This is definitely something that I personally would be interested in.  I'm
not sure that, as a consortium, Evergreen Indiana would garner enough
support.  I could be wrong.  I know I've heard that some Indiana libraries,
before we were all attached to one another, had this as their standard
practice anyway. As was stated by others, my concerns would not be around
fine revenue.  To hope that there's enough negligence and/or carelessness
among our patrons to raise a certain amount of money is akin to speed
patrol quotas.  My concern is also the timely and predictable return of
materials.  I also agree with Rogan that I wouldn't advocate on one side or
the other for this.  Holly also provides a good real world example of what
happens when there isn't pressure to return things on time.  I worry that
something that seems like good customer service actually isn't.

--
Ruth Frasur
Director of the Historic(ally Awesome) Hagerstown - Jefferson Township

Our Kickin' Website <http://hagerstownlibrary.org>  Our Rockin' Facebook
Page <http://facebook.com/hjtplibrary>  and Stuff I'm
Reading<http://pinterest.com/hjtplibrary/ruth-reads/>