[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Triggered Events Bug #1207533

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Wed Jul 16 14:55:49 EDT 2014

Hi Tony,

Those series targets for 2.4 and 2.5 are there for guidance to developers
who might work someday on the bug; by that I mean that the developer who
pushes the fix to the master series and backports to supported past
versions will update the bug accordingly when that happens.  This may mean
that a bug status is not continually updated to indicate potential versions
that require backport fixing for the bug.

The real consequence of not fixing a bug when it's reported immediately
reflects as development moves ahead and new versions of Evergreen are
released.  In most cases, a bug that's first reported to be affecting
earlier versions of Evergreen would also continue to affect current and all
future versions of Evergreen if not addressed.  So a bug reported during
2.4's time and not fixed would continue to be a problem when we release
2.5, 2.6, 2.7, etc.  In my opinion, the way Evergreen bugs are supposed to
be resolved is to fix it in the master branch and then backport the fix to
the past versions as best and timely as possible.

With no new information on this particular bug ticket, I would also assume
that this issue has yet to be addressed by Evergreen developers with any
potential bug fixes and awaits new input / work on that front.  That said,
I'd love to see this bug fix occur by the time 2.7 comes out and would
welcome any patches for review!

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum