[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Time to refine: Stripping junk tags during Z39.50 import

Donald Butterworth don.butterworth at asburyseminary.edu
Wed Jul 23 13:35:05 EDT 2014

Colleagues,

As of Tuesday Asbury Seminary is live on Evergreen. We seem to have all the
major components working, so now we are moving into the refining stage.

Can someone please point me to the documentation that describes how to
strip unwanted tags from a bibliographic record when doing a Z39.50 import.
We want to get rid of fields like 648, 655, 938, and 952. We also want to
strip any 650 tags that do not have a second indicator of "0", since we
only want to import Library of Congress subject headings.

Can somebody shoot me a URL?

Thanks,

Don

--