[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] [RM 2.7] Evergreen 2.7 Alpha - Summary

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Wed Jul 23 14:49:21 EDT 2014

Hello folks,

So I just finished putting up the 2.7.0-alpha1 files to the Evergreen
website's download page.  We are a little behind the scheduled date for
alpha1, but the extra time allowed us to close out a few bugs that crept in
and also review and add a few more new features.  Here are some direct
links as well for different 2.7 preview files so far:

http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads/previews/Evergreen-ILS-2.7.0-alpha1.tar.gz
http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads/previews/Evergreen-ILS-2.7.0-alpha1.tar.gz.md5
http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads/previews/evergreen-client-2.7.0-alpha1_i686.tar.bz2
http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads/previews/evergreen-client-2.7.0-alpha1_i686.tar.bz2.md5
http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads/previews/evergreen-client-2.7.0-alpha1_x86_64.tar.bz2
http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads/previews/evergreen-client-2.7.0-alpha1_x86_64.tar.bz2.md5
http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads/previews/evergreen-setup-2.7.0-alpha1.exe
http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads/previews/evergreen-setup-2.7.0-alpha1.exe.md5
http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads/previews/ChangeLog-2.6-2.7.0-alpha1

A full list of different launchpad targets for the 2.7.0-alpha1 build can
be found here:  https://launchpad.net/evergreen/+milestone/2.7.0-alpha1

As a general note for developers and reviewers, the Launchpad milestone
"2.next" continues to be the default milestone target for new features that
are pending further review and work.  As core committers add the actual
code to master, please update the bug tickets there to move them onto the
actual 2.7-* milestones.  This way, we can continue to use links like
http://goo.gl/uF83nb (targeting pullrequest tagged 2.next bugs) to find
features for review and merging.

This alpha release is a good start, but we've still got lots more exciting
work ahead.  The next scheduled milestone is 2.7.0-beta1 and that is when
we will also freeze new features.  That's due for August 7, 2014 (about two
weeks from now).

More to come.  Stay tuned.

Regards,

-- Ben