[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] issue with hard due date

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Fri Jul 25 09:43:45 EDT 2014

Hi Robert,

Welcome aboard!  I'll try to help where I can, but this is an area of the
system that I don't tend to interact often (maybe once or twice a year to
add new hard due dates for our schools).

Some technical background... hard due dates are stored in the database as
timestamp with time zone format.  So for example, in ours, I can see past
ceiling_date like "2014-06-20 00:00:00-04" from entries in my
config.hard_due_date table.  I'd be curious to see what the actual stored
time and timezone entry was for the hard due date in your situation.
 Perhaps it stored an odd timezone as a result of the timezone on your
database server or something to do with clock/time settings on the client.