[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Delete Records

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Fri Jul 25 15:25:25 EDT 2014

Hi Don,

One suggestion I might have initially is to make sure that "Delete volume
with last copy" (Automatically delete a volume when the last linked copy is
delete) is set to TRUE for your library unit.  You can check for that
setting via the library settings editor (Admin --> Local Administration -->
Library Settings Editor).  I imagine that would save a step as you delete
copies from having to also select and choose to delete the call number /
volume as well.  We also do not retain empty bib records on last deletion
of volumes (that's another library setting "Retain empty bib records" which
we set to FALSE).

As far as deleting lots of copies en masse, I imagine you could place all
the items into a copy bucket and then choose to delete all the items in the
bucket.  Alternatively, there have been some script utilities I've borrowed
from MLVC that handle batch copy deletion on a larger scale via command
line action.

Catalogers may have other solutions that help them to process large batches
for deletions.  I'll let them suggest their approaches.

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum
Evergreen Systems Manager