[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] URL Display in PAC

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Tue Jul 29 11:56:05 EDT 2014

Consider using |y – Which is link text that appears in place of the URL:

856 40. ‡uhttp://www.gutenberg.org/etext/8492 ‡yClick here for Project
Gutenberg full text.

See
http://gapines.org/eg/opac/record/5672291?query=king%20in%20yellow;qtype=title;locg=66
for an example.

As Mike says, no need for a fake copy if you set bib source in MARC edit as
e-resource (or whatever your system calls it.) Bib source here is a misnomer
since it is rally the item source and not the bib record source…..

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES & Collaborative Projects Manager
Georgia Public Library Service