[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Is 264 field indexed and visible in 2.5 version?

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Thu Jul 31 16:13:49 EDT 2014

Trisha,

As far as I know, and I could be wrong, no version of EG supports the
displaying the (RDA) 264 tag. Jason Stephenson, from MVLC, wrote some
code that takes care of displaying the 264 data on the OPAC for the
full bib display. That code change has not been officially approved to
be added to EG yet. His code inspired a nice debate on how to move
forward with some related RDA and 264 issues, and I guess momentum was
lost. For example, at the time he made his changes public there was a
debate of how to tweak his changes or repurpose his code logic to
allow non-publisher data to show up in the search results. Though
Jason's code seem to perfectly handle the 264 data in the full bib
view, and I have since added his code to my EG 2.5 system.

Add 264 tag values to Record Summary

Here is a link to the changes he made to make the 264 data show up in
the full bib view...
http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=working/Evergreen.git;a=commitdiff;h=9cf41dc26c536000dcd1cfe52fdf430accb63093

At this point I am not sure what the status is of searching (indexing)
on the 264 tag.

Coincidentally I was just reviewing Jason's code this week, so I can I
try to help revive his code and help propose additional RDA related
code changes.

I hope this helps,
Yamil

--