[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Deleting items that are lost or long overdue

Michele Morgan mmorgan at noblenet.org
Mon Jun 2 11:42:22 EDT 2014

Hi Terran,

Thanks for sharing your documentation. We are looking forward to making use of
the new automatic Long Overdue processing development in Release 2.5. This will
help circulation staff in our libraries a great deal in managing long overdue items.

In your process, however, I'm not seeing how items that are significantly
overdue, but never returned or paid for are handled. Do these remain in the
system as Long Overdue?

It's these that we are struggling with. We'd rather not keep bibliographic
records around just to hold long overdue items, and don't want items years
overdue cluttering searches.

Thanks,
Michele

On 6/2/2014 9:56 AM, McCanna, Terran wrote:
> Hello Michele,
>
> You might be interested in some development that we had done regarding Long
Overdue items - we are not implementing it until Oct 2014, but here is an overview:

--
Michele Morgan, Technical Assistant
North of Boston Library Exchange, Danvers Massachusetts
mmorgan at noblenet.org