[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] circulation policies set up problems

Sharp, Chris csharp at georgialibraries.org
Mon Jun 16 15:56:41 EDT 2014

Hi Janice,

> Still struggling with set up questions:
> 1. How can you "delete" a policy you set up and think you don't need?

I usually just set "Active?" to false.  That way it's not live, but you are able to turn it back on if you decide you need it later.

> 2. If the default policy was deleted, how can you set up a new one or find out which is the real "default" policy to build from.

Not sure what "default" means here... It could mean a number of things.  Could you explain what you're after?

> 3. If you can set the "Circulate?" or "Reference?" at the item level, why is it also available at the policy level?

In the circulation policy setup interface, "Circulate?" means "If the user/item/location parameters to the left of 'Circulate?' are met, do we circulate the item?".  "Reference?" means "Is the item being circulated a reference item?" so the policy you're creating here would consult the "Reference" true/false item attribute when evaluating whether the item will circ and under which policy.

I hope that's helpful!

Chris

--
Chris Sharp